Thursday, August 30, 2012

Final Touches! Plus, finally pictures are back!!!

So I've been working on Stacy and Charlie's wall hanging of Charlie's Dad's (Levi) shirts. This project has been very challenging. Every step has had its own challenge and to be honest I am glad they are finally finished! I know they will be something very special to  the homes they are going to and I'm glad to have helped.

Here's what I had to work with.



 
 
This is the finished product :)
 

 Top view of first one
 Here's a side view so you can see the quilting
no worries I haven't wet the chalk marks yet
so they will be easier to see ;)
 Here's a close up of the quilting on the center
of the second one. Blue marking water pen
on this because the chalk didn't show up well
 Top view of the second one
 
 
 
Remember my cousins that I was teaching to sew
 
Well, here's their finished tops!
 This is Jade, she did a great job!
 
 This is storm, She did wonderful to :)
I swear this girl looks just like her mama!
 
 
Both girls did a great job. they picked their own fabric and design. They also did all the sewing themselves with a little direction to help keep their seems even. Both passed on learning to quilt them lol so they are officially practice tops on the new mid-arm set-up :)
 
Here it is with the first quilt on and ready to go!
Now if I could just get the thing to stop breaking
thread. I'm sure it's a user error thing ;)
 Here's the side view just so
you can see how close to the door
this is! It's the only wall it fits though so
we're going to go with it at least we can still use the door!


That's all for now! Hope you are all having a great time.
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment