Sunday, September 2, 2012

How many of you make your own starch?

Here's what I found. I think a quick run to the grocery for some cornstarch is in order! I'll let you know how it goes when I try it :) What do you think?



What You'll Need:

1 Tbs. cornstarch

1/4 cup cold water

3 3/4 cup tap water

2-3 drops of fragrant essential oil or lemon juice (optional)



Mix It Up:

Bring 3 3/4 cup tap water to a rolling boil.

While waiting for water to boil, mix the tablespoon of cornstarch into cold water. Stir constantly until cornstarch is completely dissolved.

Once water boils, slowly stir in cornstarch mixture.

If using essential oil or lemon juice, add to mixture and continue to stir for one minute.

Remove from heat and let cool.

After cooling add to a one quart spray bottle.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be anxious to hear how you like this when you use it. I have gathered some homemade Best Press recipes from the internet, but haven't actually made them yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to try it. Have everything to do it now except an iron to try it! Next post will explain that ;)

      Delete