Monday, January 21, 2013

Two finishes!

I just love quilting on Sunday with Sally and Sue! Strict orders were given to me, I was to bring a quilt I have been putting off binding...... fine..... drags feet..... brings two.

 Taylor's is finished and ready to be mailed.
 
Here's the best pic I could get of the back.
 Dan's quilt got its binding and he should be here
sometime this week. I think I need to let it lay flat to
get a better picture, it looks wavy hung by two pins
on my design wall!


Isn't it nice when you get a nice push to finish something, well after it's done anyway :)

I finished both bindings and got some cutting done for another quilt. Today is for finishing cutting the F8ths for the boomerang 9.0 swap and deciding if one large (or two small, whatever they need to fill spaces) is enough or if I could make a go of a bit more. I really love the boomerang swaps :)

If you haven't done one before, it is open to international swappers. You send a Fat 8th (18 x 11 or 9 x 22) piece of fabric to each of the swappers in your group. Your fabric can be all the same, all different, or any mix you choose. You can include a note for colors you'd like them to use or avoid in the block they make you that will include your fabric. In return, you will receive a Fat 8th from each of the swappers and make them a block using their fabric plus some of yours (make sure to read notes for color choices). All blocks will be 12.5 x 12.5 unfinished. When they finish your block, it will be mailed back to you and vice versa when you finish theirs. You end up with such an amazing variety of blocks!


Here are the 3 fabrics I have cut and ready so far. They will be
for quilts for two of my nieces. I need to pick some more fabric
to add up to the number I need.... Maybe I should add another group...
It would help keep me motivated about finishing some of the
quilts I really want done.
 
  These were some of the blocks I received from the
last boomerang swap I was in. I'm thinking of sashing
them in red and using a grey and black print border.
 
 My all time favorite block :) I can't put it in a quilt.
I might make it into a pillow and keep it on display
in my sewing room!
 close-up
 I whipped this up today. It's now a rug in our living room.
I know why make a quilt for a rug. My Mom-in-law, Sue, gave
me a treadle in a cabinet. I don't want the metal base
to knick the floor while I treadle. More on that in another post.
Payton was trying not to close his eyes when the
camera flashed!
He says Hi to all my bloggy friends :)


No comments:

Post a Comment