Monday, April 9, 2012

Ah, it's monday, Payton's back in school, Nick's back at work and I can do quilty things without weird looks and "you have old lady habits hahahah" remarks ;) not that I mind usually! I'm working on more hexies. I've finished 3 or 4 more colors

 Work space. Mmmmmm..... dak chocolate and caramel.
 I don't trim my squares to the hexie shape I just bast them in place. I can rotary cut the squares and don't really like trimming them down further. Just a personal preferance!
 Here I am knotting the fabric at the end of the baste.
 I just love how small the knot gets :) I have no idea why it fascinates me so....
 To keep all the hexies organized I knot the colors together, putting 4 at a time on the needle.
 And knot it like I'm hand quilting
Here we are one color all knotted and ready to add to the purple box. Only 7 more colors to go!!! For those that don't like math *cough.... me* That's 112 hexies total to baste.


One day this week I plan on going to mike n jodies to quilt (no animal hair for the two tops I'm piecing for charisma and also for the black and white quilt I need to bind and will hopefully make it into the Shipshewana, IN quilt show!!! Cross your fingers, this will be the first one I've ever entered/applied to enter in a show. I hope you all had a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment