Saturday, April 28, 2012

Memory Quilt

This has not been in the works very long. Stacie messaged me and asked if I would make a memory quilt, well 2 actually, out of Charlie's dad's t-shirts. Of course I said yes! I let them know about the 3 projects I have promised to finish first and made sure they understand that I'm NOT a professional!!! All the above was fine, I know it will be started before June and since they aren't really quilt size but more a smaller wall hanging size that they want, it should go quickly as soon as everything is picked out and stabalizer is ironed on ect.

Aside from size and a few things they really want incorporated into the wall hanging, I have freedom to make it however I think it will look best, any pattern or simple squares, I can add regular fabric for sashing in any colors I choose. Complete freedom...... shaking in my boots here lol. I don't know why but complete freedom on a project that will be really special to someone makes me nervous, I just want it to be perfect!

Maybe I'll see if Jodie can get ahold of a picture or two of him that I can add. I'll have to call, since if I do that I want it to be a surprise!

So here are the shirts I have to work with! I really see these working really well together :) I'm contemplating a Star Crossed block, not sure though will have to think on it more. If you have any ideas feel free to add, I can use all the help I can get! The good thing is there's plenty of time to plan before it's started since there are a few other projects to finish first!



No comments:

Post a Comment